What is AOD-9604?
Modified peptide fragment of HGH known as GH Frag 176-191 or AOD- 9604. AOD-9604 is a peptide fragment of the C-terminus of hGH. AOD-9604 is considered the most potent fat loss peptide. Fat loss peptide without harmful effects. Stimulates the breakdown of fat. (Modified peptide fragment of HGH)
Molecular Formula: C78H123N23O23S2 Sequence: Tyr-Leu-Arg-Ile-Val-Gln-Cys-Arg-Ser-Val-Glu-Gly-Ser-Cys-Gly-Phe-OH
Benefits of AOD-9604
- Reduces Body Fat
- Favours and triggers fat release from obese fat cells rather than the lean
Effects of AOD-9604
- Mimics our natural growth
- There are no adverse effects on blood sugar nor one’s growth
- AOD-9604 stimulates lipolysis
- Inhibits lipogenesis (the transformation of non-fatty food into body fat)
The discovery of AOD-9604
AOD-9604 was initially developed in the 1990’s by Professor Frank Ng at Monash University in Australia. The intent for AOD-9604 was to potentially act as an anti-obesity drug which had the fat burning effects of (HGH) without the coinciding muscle-building effects.
AOD-9604 peptide – How it works
The fat loss effects exhibited by AOD 9604 is much like that received from growth hormone supplementation. It does not increase food consumption, blood sugar or insulin resistance. (Heffernan 2001, Heffernan 2001, Ng 2000). AOD-9604 stimulates fat breakdown (lipolysis) and fat burning (oxidation), through a mechanism that doesn’t use the hGh receptor. Its activity is entirely independent of hGH in mice. One theory suggests that there is an unidentified AOD 9604 receptor located on fat cells and that a similar molecule is one of the peptides released by the pituitary somatroph cell when it releases Growth Hormone. There have been lab studies on rodents, pigs, dogs and humans, which suggest that AOD 9604 triggers and favours the release of fat from obese fat cells more than those that are lean. In turn, this reduces the accumulation of new fat in all fat cells and increases fat burning. What is extraordinary about this fat loss peptide is its ability to reduce visceral fat stores. Visceral fat is the abdominal fat that gets deposited throughout the abdomen, blanketing and smothering vital organs. Its proximity to these organs, grants it the ability to influence and sabotage signalling. So much so, that visceral fat has been considered its own independent endocrine gland due to the significance of its rue. Next peptide in line concerning fat loss and its power to drop weight is CJC-1295. CJC-1295 leads to an increase in overall GH levels in the body. This is opposite to what occurs when a person ages. This reason serves to explain why people tend to gain fat as they age.
Side effects of AOD-9604
Excellent safety profile – Human GRAS status in the USA If your primary and only goal is fat loss, it is usually best to avoid using products GHRP (GHRP-6, GHRP-2 or Hexarelin) These peptides have side effects such as increased hunger and raised cortisol levels that are not conducive to dropping weight. AOD-9604, however, does not increase appetite & or raise cortisol.
AOD-9604 clinical studies and researches
Safety and Tolerability of the Hexadecapeptide AOD 9604 in Humans Heike Stier, Evert Vos, David Kenley (http://www.jofem.org/index.php/jofem/article/view/157/194)
Background: AOD 9604 is a peptide fragment of the C-terminus of the hGH molecule that provides activity related to fat loss. In this study, AOD-9604 and its safety data, obtained in clinical trials are reviewed. Methods: There were a total of six trials performed with AOD-9604, all of which were randomised, double-blind and placebo-controlled. The study aimed to identify whether the undesired effects, typically associated with hGH treatment were presented with AOD-9604 treatment. The side effects: increased IGF-1 levels, insulin resistance, impaired glucose tolerance. Blood samples were analysed to identify the presence of anti-AOD 9604 antibodies, to dismiss immunogenicity.
Results: AOD 9604 did not affect serum IGF-1 levels. AOD 9604 does not have an adverse effect on carbohydrate metabolism. Patients showed no presence of anti-AOD 9604 antibodies No withdrawal effects noted No serious adverse events related to AOD 9604 intake. Conclusion: AOD 9604 was shown to have a very good safety, and tolerability profile and treatment did not result in any of the adverse effects seen in full – length hGH treatments.
AOD-9604 in the news
- Obesity drug codenamed AOD9604 highly successful in trials
- Metabolic develops profitable marketing plans for AOD-9604
https://technicality.me/2014/02/05/metabolic-develops- profitable-marketing- plans-for- aod-9604/
Additional clinical studies
- Obesity drugs in clinical development.Halford JC.Curr Opin Investig Drugs. 2006 Apr;7(4):312-8. Review.PMID: 16625817
- AOD-9604 Metabolic.Wilding J.Curr Opin Investig Drugs. 2004 Apr;5(4):436-40. Review.PMID: 15134286
- The effects of human GH and its lipolytic fragment (AOD9604) on lipid metabolism following chronic treatment in obese mice and beta(3)-AR knock-out mice.Heffernan M, Summers RJ, Thorburn A, Ogru E, Gianello R, Jiang WJ, Ng FM.Endocrinology. 2001 Dec;142(12):5182-9.PMID: 11713213
- Effect of Intra-articular Injection of AOD9604 with or without Hyaluronic Acid in Rabbit Osteoarthritis Model.Kwon DR, Park GY.Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2015 Summer;45(4):426-32.PMID: 26275694
- Obesity: a review of currently used antiobesity drugs and new compounds in clinical development].Zieba R.Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2007 Oct 19;61:612-26. Review. Polish.PMID: 17971763
- Increase of fat oxidation and weight loss in obese mice caused by chronic treatment with human growth hormone or a modified C-terminal fragment.Heffernan MA, Thorburn AW, Fam B, Summers R, Conway-Campbell B, Waters MJ, Ng FM.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2001 Oct;25(10):1442-9.PMID: 11673763
- Metabolic studies of a synthetic lipolytic domain (AOD9604) of human growth hormone.Ng FM, Sun J, Sharma L, Libinaka R, Jiang WJ, Gianello R.Horm Res. 2000;53(6):274-8.PMID: 11146367