Healthy yet creamy pea and ham pasta
1682 kj ENERGY
10.1g FAT TOTAL
4.9g SATURATED FAT
52.3g CARBS (TOTAL)
- 280g dried casarecce pasta
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 green shallots, trimmed, sliced
- 60ml (1/4 cup) white wine
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 100g (1/2 cup) light cream cheese, chopped
- 125g shaved 97% fat-free smoked ham, torn or shredded
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente, adding the peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Reserve 125ml (1/2 cup) of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and half the shallot and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the wine and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until reduced. Tear half the basil leaves.
- Combine the cream cheese and reserved pasta water in a bowl. Whisk until smooth and combined. Season well with pepper. Add to the frying pan and immediately remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta mixture. Return to the pan. Add the cream cheese mixture, ham and torn basil. Use tongs to toss well to combine. Sprinkle with the remaining shallot and basil.
Our muscle building diet and nutrition tips will focus on what foods to eat and the timing of meals to help fuel muscle hypertrophy.
There have been many studies that have investigated the effects of intermittent fasting, and the results reveal that it has many positive effects.
Diet and Nutrition How to calculate Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio? For optimal health and wellness we all need to know how to calculate Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratios. Omega 3 and Omega 6 fats are polyunsaturated, essential fatty acids. Polyunsaturated means that...