MGF – MECHANO GROWTH FACTOR PEPTIDE
Benefits of Mechano Growth Factor
- Improved Skeletal Muscle Regeneration
- Increased Bone Density
- Speeds up Injury Repair Process
- Improves Cardiac Function
What is Mechano Growth Factor?
Mechano Growth Factor (MGF) also known as MGF splice variants IGF IGF-1Ec and IGF-IEa MGF is a growth factor/repair factor. Derived from IGF-1, initiates tissue hypertrophy, and repair and recovery of tissue damage.
Effects of Mechano Growth Factor
- MGF is expressed by mechanically overloaded muscle and is involved in tissue repair and adaptation
- Plays a role in the activation of muscle satellite stem cells
- Triggers ‘satellite’ stem cells to fuse to the muscle fibres. The satellite cells supply additional nuclei that are necessary for
repair and hypertrophy
MGF Peptide administration
Mechano Growth Factor (MGF) can be administered via an injectable peptide or absorbed into the bloodstream transdermally with a cream.
Mechano Growth Factor (MGF) peptides – How it works
Many changes occur within our body as we age. One change is that a significant amount of muscle mass is lost. This is known as “sarcopenia”, and because of this loss in muscle mass, muscle weakness results and continues without intervention. Growth hormone and IGF-1 deficiencies have a strong association with this loss alongside the decreased response to MGF with ageing. MGF is derived from the hormone, IGF-1, and is released after muscles have been stretched and exercised. At the time mechanical overload introduced to a muscle, such as when training with weights, the IGF-1 gene gets released. This is spliced into MGF to assist in the repair of the muscle that has been damaged in the workout. Satellite cells are triggered into activation. By stimulating stem cells to join the muscle tissue, this MGF release produces rapid increases in muscle mass and muscle strength. It also speeds up the recovery of muscle tissue, by activating the growth and repair of new muscle cells. This is done by the activation of muscle stem cells and by the up-regulation of protein synthesis.
Side effects of MGF
Potential negative side effects:
Side effects are rare and minimal under the careful supervision of our prescribing Dr. Patients must adhere to the dosage
recommendations to ensure the safety and efficacy of peptide supplements provided. This too will ensure that adverse side effects are minimised.
- Hypoglycemia – Low Blood Sugar
Scientific research involving animal subjects has concluded that this side effect may be countered through increased glucose
- Lowered blood pressure
- Swelling of extremities
- Mechano Growth Factor May Be Neuroprotective (Animal Study)
Mechano Growth Factor (MGF) has been revealed to act neuroprotectively during brain ischemia. A recent study published in Molecular Brain, Dr Anthony Windebank and his colleagues at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota have found a potentially valuable therapeutic agent in the fight against age related neuron loss and neural degeneration. https://blogs.biomedcentral.com/on-biology/2017/07/20/hearts- minds-mice- men-mechano- growth-factor- new-tool- battle-age-related-neuron- loss/
- Mechano Growth Factor May Improve Cardiac Function (Animal Study)
Pretreatment with Mechano Growth Factor before a heart attack has been found to improve cardiac function.
MGF Clinical studies and researches
- Mechano growth factor-E regulates apoptosis and inflammatory responses in fibroblast-like synoviocytes of knee osteoarthritis.Li H, Lei M, Yu C, Lv Y, Song Y, Yang L.Int Orthop. 2015 Dec;39(12):2503-9. doi: 10.1007/s00264-015- 2974-5. Epub 2015 Sep 4.PMID: 26338342
- Mechano-growth factor enhances differentiation of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells.Li H, Lei M, Luo Z, Wu S, Zhong L, Xu Z, Lv Y, Yang L.Biotechnol Lett. 2015 Nov;37(11):2341-8. doi: 10.1007/s10529-015- 1915-0. Epub 2015 Sep 2.PMID: 26330369
- Mechano growth factor E peptide promotes rat bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cell migration through CXCR4-ERK1/2.Luo Q, Wu K, Zhang B, Song G.Growth Factors. 2015;33(3):210-9.PMID: 26260632
- [Study on the regulatory effects of mechano growth factor on soft tissue repair].Yu C, Sha Y, Guo P, Chen Y, Njunge LW, Lu Y, Yang L.Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi. 2015 Feb;32(1):235-9. Review. Chinese.PMID: 25997299
- Mechano growth factor (MGF) and transforming growth factor (TGF)-β3 functionalized silk scaffolds enhance articular hyaline cartilage regeneration in rabbit model.Luo Z, Jiang L, Xu Y, Li H, Xu W, Wu S, Wang Y, Tang Z, Lv Y, Yang L.Biomaterials. 2015 Jun;52:463-75. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2015.01.001. Epub 2015 Mar 18.PMID: 25818452
- Localized delivery of mechano-growth factor E-domain peptide via polymeric microstructures improves cardiac function following myocardial infarction.Peña JR, Pinney JR, Ayala P, Desai TA, Goldspink PH.Biomaterials. 2015 Apr;46:26-34. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2014.12.050. Epub 2015 Jan 16.PMID: 25678113
- Pretreatment with mechano-growth factor E peptide protects bone marrow mesenchymal cells against damage by fluid shear stress.Lv Y, Hao X, Sha Y, Yang L.Biotechnol Lett. 2014 Dec;36(12):2559-69. doi: 10.1007/s10529-014- 1625-z. Epub 2014 Aug 17.PMID:25129046